Thursday 15 November 2018

Meet Kenyan Runway & commercial Model, Vydia Njeri; the real East African talent.


1. Hey how would you like to introduce yourself?
1. My name Is Lydia Njeri (Vydia),am a model and a student too.

2. What sparked your interest to start modeling?
2. At first I never thought I could be a model, but got a lot of motivation from family members, friends and even random people I didn't know. I tried it and now am here.

3. How long have you been modeling?     
3. For about 8 months now.

4. How has the experience been for you so far?                     
4. So far I can say am enjoying it, once you love something make it a priority.

5. Have you been involved in any pageants and showcase/ exhibition recently?
5. Yes I have been in Mr & Miss Nairobi catwalk, have done a crochet shoot and contested for Miss premier.


6. What challenges and opportunities have you come across so far?
6.Opportunities yes, I have met some really great people, made friends all over, got to learn so many things and also helped me to build up my confidence. Challenges are there too. Getting in the industry is hard especially for new models, there are lots of scams out there and many more.

7. Have you gotten support from friends and family?
7. Very much, my friends mostly, they always encourage me a lot. Not forgetting my family too.

 8. How do you juggle between modeling & studies?     
8. It's not easy but if you love something you always create time for it. So yeah I balance both.

 9. Do you reckon the potential for modeling and Kenya has been realized yet? And
if so what can be done to foster the industry?     
9. Comparing years ago and now, the industry has really improved coz they now consider all categories of modeling. And also fashion has improved.


10. Which brands do you aspire to work with locally & international internationally?

10. Locally I would love to work with the Nivea company(really love their products), Nato design house, wanfam clothing, le-collection and Emirates shoe house. Internationally,BMG models, elite agency, wilhelmina models and next management.

11. What are your other hobbies & interests?
11. I am a clothes designer, love traveling, reading novels and making jewelry.

12. Where do you   aspire to be in the next 3 years in terms of fashion & modeling?                       
12. I want to pose and maintain a successful role in the world of fashion and modeling.

13. How can you be reached on social media for project collaborations & work?
13. You can find me on Facebook as Vydia Njeri same case on Twitter and Instagram.


3 comments:

  1. 😍😍 All the best my frienπŸ’πŸ’

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go friend. I once told you, your a not an upcoming model but a model because your the best and in three years time my prayer is that you will be the best and not only in Africa but also in the whole world at large. Rock it and Rock it. I have faith in you Lydia your the best. From Grass to Grace, From Grace to Grace. But one thing in all that you do remember God is First. All the Best

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lets keep supporting African talents

    ReplyDelete