Tuesday 2 April 2019

Meet Kenyan reggae and dancehall artist; Lilpin who is focused on spreading his music globally and impacting the youth .



Kenyan reggae and dancehall artist Lilpin is focused on spreading his music globally and impacting the youth .
Check out our brief interview with the talented artist.
 1. How would you like to introduce yourself?
1. I am Mc Lilpin the microphone doctor  a Reggae/Afro beat/Afro dancehall artist also an award winner; Artist of the year mashujaa awards 2016
2. How long have you been doing music professionally? 
2. I started doing music professionally in 2013. My passion for music began since childhood while listening to some local musicians, since primary school I have been showcasing my talent and my gift.
3. What sparked your interest in music?       
3. What's sparked my interest for music is the ability and power of music to  influence and change minds and I love good music and positive vibes.
 4. Who are some of your greatest influences in music that you look up to?   
 4. I really loved to listen to Garnett Silk,I look upto him, Ronnie Davies, Clinton fearon Turbulence is also my big time artist.
5. Tell us about your very first song you released?                         
5. My very first song was a song called kwa mtaa- This song was meant to encourage the youths not to idle around but to look for work and something to do.
6. How has the reception of your music been? 
6. My music has been very positively received by my fans and am glad
that even fans from overseas appreciate it.             
7. What's your greatest highlight so far in the industry?
7. My greatest highlight was the time I did the song Provider (audio) and after sending it to my fans to listen, the response was huge and my fans here in Kenya appreciated
to a point the song got international recognition and the demand for a
video was also high, now I have the video done and its feedback is great .

 8. What challenges have you come across?
8. Challenges include; to get my music for airplay, getting my music out to the international
scene, money is a big challenge. I am targeting to spread my music all over the world.

 9. What inspires the kind of music you write?
9. Everything that surrounds me, situations and circumstances. I like to address issues affecting the society in my songs and also to encourage the youth because they are the leaders of tomorrow.

10. Which other artists and producers have you worked with?
10. I have worked with an artist called Jay Bankz a Jamaican based in US .
The producer’s name is Rankie Sadatt.


11. What can fans expect from you before the end of the year?   
 11. My fans should expect the Best of Mc Lilpin like never before
New videos new music , international collaboration from different artist from different
countries.-Positive vibes always                  
12. What are your other interests and hobbies?       
 12. My other interest is mentoring the youth, acting, I talk about God a lot with the circle of friends I hang out with. I have an entertainment company called microphone
doctors entertainment and Pin sounds, am the founder of pin sounds and
acting chairman – Hobbies include; dancing, singing, writing music, travelling
networking, boxing, martial arts, I also love drawing (art) .              
13. How can you be reached on social media?
13. My social handles are for IG,Twitter, Facebook and Youtube
are :Mc lilpin


No comments:

Post a Comment