Sunday 24 February 2019

Meet your next most favorite on-screen sensation- Kenyan Actress, Ms Kalala Liz Natasha on her determined quest for success


Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Kenyan actress Liz Natasha is not just a dreamer but a doer in the pursuit of her dreams in her acting & film making career.  Check out our brief interview with the talented  actress below;

1. Hello, Liz! Kalala, might be a new name to some, kindly introduce yourself?
1. My name is. I am originally from Kitui county. I moved to Nairobi in 2006 to get
top-notch training and since 2015 have had the privilege to work and study with some 
amazing artist. Veronica Mwaura(Mrs. Obinja Tahidi High)Nick Kwach(the trend) and 
my role model Mbeki Mwalimu. I have booked a lot of edgy type roles on TV shows like my hairdresser, Selina, and Varshita to name a few. I am 22years old, a student In Kenyatta university
 and the third born in a family of four. My one-year goal is to book a recurring guest star on a hit show and to have a role in a drama type of film.



2. Actresses are normally misunderstood for the split between the actually personality
& the on-screen personality, what misperceptions have people had about you that you think are untrue?       
 2. Once I played a role in a you-tube series of a mean person so as l walked on the street l heard someone  shout at me and say that am mean...that's not true actually am one person with a kind heart, l also played a Muslim role and l meet people who ask me where have left my hijab. l remember once l broke up with my boyfriend because he  thought l was in love with my screen boyfriend he said we were looking at each other as people in love...other people mistake actress for easy ladies a guy I liked once told me he couldn't date me because he feared I would cheat on him.
      

3. When did you discover your passion and interest in acting?
3. Since l was young l would act in church plays and school drama, my mum noticed that l had talent and she always made sure l get a role. But I noticed I had talent in form one when the main actor lost her voice on stage and since  l was her recast l did the role, and  I got the best actress award southeastern region.

4. Have you gotten support from family & friends along the way?       
 4. At first, l would like to thank my dad who has always been there for me supporting me
 financially and emotionally. My family and friends have encouraged me too.  
                
5. How has your experience been in the acting profession so far?     
 5. It hasn't been easy, there has been ups and down, but l thank God.         
6. What do you reckon are the key qualities that make a good actor or actress?
 6. An actor should be convincing in a role that he can hold an audience
captive, they should also be committed to becoming the best they can
be, they should have confidence in their work, they should also show a
high degree of professionalism, and they should have an innate talent.


 7. What film projects have you been involved with in the past?
7. I have worked with a full-frame solution in My hairdresser,Multan
production in Selina and moonbeam production in Varshita.                   
8. What project are you working on currently and what can your fans expect this year. ?     
 8. Currently, I am working with Lenaboka production in a domestic violence movie which will be out in late May. Am also starring in another film which will be out soon.

      
9. What challenges have you encountered so far?   
9.  As a beautiful young girl have encountered casting directors who won't
give you a role until you accept to sleep with them.
I have also broken up with my spouse due to a role I am doing and have done
some films which have never been paid.   
10. Who are some of your influences in film & talented actors and actresses you look upto?
10. Pascal Tokodi he is a multi-talented actor and a very professional person l look up to work with him one day, l love Mbeki Mwalimu she really encourages me l mean the fact that she is both an actor and a producer makes me want to work with her and Lupita Nyongo her achievements are my goals.                 
11. What do you reckon could be done to improve our local film industry? 
11. Most productions makes the mistake of recasting the known actors and actresses so I
would advise they cast the upcoming artist because there is a lot of talent out here.
12. What are your other interests apart from acting?       
 12. I love news anchoring and am really passionate about that too, thats why i'm studying media and
communication in university.       
13. How can u be reached on social media?
13. Instagram @kalalaactress, Twitter @lenahliz Natasha and also on
  Facebook@kalala tasha.       




4 comments:

  1. Woow.. This is really nice.. Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am always proud of you siz. congratulations and someday you will be a role model to some of us. God bless you kipenzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is encouraging,, keep it ablaze

    ReplyDelete