Monday 22 January 2018

Nickie Nonz shares the inspiration behind her New Afro-Urban sound set to take over East Africa!

 1. Nickie Nonz clicks in our heads but its really not new in the game
...but who is Nickie?
1.Nickie is an urban artist born,and raised in Nakuru.

2. How long have you been doing music?
2.I have been doing music for the the last 5 yrs now.

3. What inspires your music making process?
3.My music,is inspired by the daily life,we experience each
day,Things,that are easy to relate with like,love,pain,heartbreaks, I
also get inspired by books,friends,and family.

4. Are you signed under any label locally or internationally?
4.I am a freelancer artist,and am not signed under any recording
label,nor am I under any management.

5. Some say its all about connections in the Kenyan entertainment &
music industry, do you believe its so?
5. As far as corruption is concerned esp,here in kenya.some real
talents,Are,not very well recognized and given,the appropriate
airplay,because of the rule "Toa kitu kidogo,".But I also believe if
you have good talent,great,marketing strategies and a good fan
base,you are good to go.

6. What has been your biggest highlight so far in your music journey?
6. My biggest highlight,so far has been getting,good airplay on the
local tv,stations and radios,on my released,jams,and being,able to
share the stage with big artist,like Khaligraph,Jones,Nyashinski,and
also  getting good and encouraging comments,From one of tanzanias
finest  Rayvanny who has also been,mentoring me.

7. What are some of the frustrations you have experienced so far?
7.since I started,I have experienced,so many challenges,and
frustrations,like being denied performance just,because am an upcoming
artist,low pay,or sometimes no pay at all which is very unfortunate
for artists,like us with no managers.

8. Are you working on any project currently?
8.Yes am working on my new project,tittled siko sobber produced by
water music,and video done by Motion city,watch out for this guys.Its
gonna be out by early feb.

9. What can your fans expect from you before the close of the year 2018?
9.so my fans,should expect,more hits , more  videos , and also I will
be launching my Album,before the year ends.God willing

10. Who are some of the artists you've worked with and those that you
aspire to work with?
10 .I have worked with Jonny c,Morgan captain,(an amazing vocalist)and
also Tomsy and friends.I aspire to work with sauti,sol ,and king kaka
from kenya,and vannesa mdee and Rayvanny from Tanzania.


11. How can fans connect with you and find your music online?
11.On Facebook you can find me At Nickie Nonz mziqi,twitter :Nickie
Nonz,Instagram :Nickie Nonz .All my music are available on youtube.And
will be on tubidy,and SoundCloud soon.

12. What's your parting shot?
12.Yeah if you have a dream just go for it.Close your ears,if they
start talking ,and keep moving.Just go for it till you have it.And
remember sky is the limit.Also always remember to pray and ask God for
help and guidance.
Thanks,ya'll who took time to read this.

1 comment: