Tuesday 12 September 2017

Artist Discovery; A sneak peek into Kenyan musical talent, Ashlye Scarlette!

Q. How would you like to introduce yourself?
A. I am Ashleye Scarlette,Kenyan based versatile artist. 

 Q.Could your perhaps describe the genre of your music?
A.  Ashleye is  an Afropop musician with a keen ear to beautiful music hence i listen to a wide range of different types ans styles of music,so i group my music to be versatile. 


 
Q. When did you start music?
A. Professionally I started music in 2016 after my KCSE

Q. Who are your idols in music?
A. In Kenya,my idol is Dela because of her music achievements and the passion she shows through her music,she relates through music plus her vocals are simply mind blowing.Other than her,Yemi Alade and Tiwa Savage are some of the African artistes I would emulate.
Q. Any current or future collabo you’re working on?
A.  Hmmm,right now am majorly focusing on releasing singles but yes,some collabos are in store.

 Q. Are you signed to any labels?
A. No am not currently signed into any record label,its just a matter of time though.Taking one step at a time. Q.What else do u do in your free time apart from music?
A. I am a student,a loving daughter and sibling.

Q.What can fans expect from you before the year comes to a close?
A. Well they should expect more and more music from me yet to come.

Q. Where do u aspire to be musically in the nxt 3years?
A. I aspire to have been able to study the music game more clearly with more growth in my musical career.You know,get some collabos with some great people in Kenya and share the stage with influential people.


Q.What are some of the challenges you have faced in the industry?
A. The biggest challenge was passing out my music with so very many negative remarks and being compared to other upcoming artists. Then a friend told me that music industry has no space for a "roho ndogo" person so i stopped viewing that as a challenge but rather as a motivation to work hard.

Q.Where can we find your music?
A.My music is on YouTube,Mdundo.com,allafricanhits.com,africanmuzikmag.com,kallyboymusic.com,gzenter10ment.com,,,just to name afew.

Q. How can fans connect with u on social media?
A. At facebook,youtube,instagram, and twitter all of them @ Ashleye Scarlette,and guys can also email me at ashleytimbwah@gmail.com.


Q. Parting shot or inspiration to fellow rising artists?
A. Each day as a musician put an effort in promoting yourself as a brand and your music too.The little you do matters.

1 comment: