Wednesday 6 April 2022

DEBORAH KARIUKI IS OPTIMISTIC ABOUT A BRIGHT FUTURE OF IMPACT THROUGH MODELING AND FASHION

Debbi Kariuki is an outstanding Kenyan fashion and runway model. She is optimistic of a bright future of creating impact in the community through fashion and modeling, a passion she has had from a tender age. We had the opportunity to interview Debbie, check it out;

1. Hey how would you like to introduce yourself?

1.I am Deborah kariuki,a model by profession a student at Cooperative university of Kenya pursuing Bachelor of science in Disaster Risk Management and Sustainable development, I am a fashion enthusiast, an environmental conservationist and a peace ambassador.

2. When did you discover your passion for modeling?

2.I discovered my passion in modelling  when I was 11 years old I realized how much I liked watching fashion shows and loved the way it would calm my nerves .

3. How long have you been modeling professionally?

3.I started modelling professionally 2019 after graduating from high school where I joined The Brand Modelling Academy.

4. Who influenced or Inspired you to get into modeling?
4.Coming from a very supportive family my inspiration to join modelling was my family members who helped me pay for the training fee and always made sure that lack of fare to the training venue was never an excuse for me to miss out on my training.



5. How had your experience been so far?
5.My journey so far in modelling has been quite challenging though I believe that soon I'll succeed because I know I have a worrier attitude and success is for the strong who chose not to give up but to fight till they make it

6. What opportunities and challenges have you encountered?
6.through modelling I have had a chance to travel to different places in the country and I believe that soon I'll be able to travel to other countries too,I have also had a chance to meet so many  amazing  people who have impacted my life differently. For the challenges as most of y'all know Modelling Is a very corrupt industry unfortunately and the biggest challenge I've faced is being conned by organizers after investing so much

7. What brands do you aspire to work with?
7.I would really love to  work with Velour Modelling Agency not only because they produce the best models in the country but also the provide event production  and event personnel services

8. What projects do you look forward to get involved with this year?
8.This year I'm looking forward to working with team environment Kenya to bring peace and unity in our country during this election period as a peace ambassador and also make sure that we mobilize people to conserve the Environment to enhance environmental sustainability.

9. What are your other interests apart from modeling?
9.Apart from modelling I am an outgoing person who loves adventure hence I've travelled to many places. I also  work as a  hairdresser help me a lot in that I wouldn't be idle and also funds me during events.



10. Which beauty pageants have you participated in so far?
10. I've contested in four pageants that is;Mr &Miss Rongai 2021/22(Top 10)
Mr & miss cooperative university 2021/22(1st runners up)
Miss summers 2021/22(current miss) 


11. What's your advice to young girls that aspire to pursue modeling?
11.My advice to the young aspiring models is that modelling is a tough journey that requires you to have passion  and also have a strong heart because it's not for the weak; the moment you get into the Modelling you'll realize it's a dirty game but if you believe in your dream you should keep fighting I believe that hard
work never goes unrewarded so you should never quit.

12 . How can you be reached on social media?
12.You can reach me on my Instagram page as @wanjiku._kariuki
TikTok@wanjiku673
YouTube@ Miss Debian 👑
Facebook@Deborah kariuki

1 comment: