Sunday 14 April 2019

Meet Zj Addikt - Kenyan Dj & producer with a passion for African music

1.How would you like to introduce yourself?
1. I'm Zj Addikt Beatz a rapper,dj,music producer based in Kerugoya, Kirinyaga county
2.being a producer and also a rapper how do you manage to serve two masters at the same time?
___Zj Addikt: Its all about planning and prioritizing I always strive to strike a balance between the two.
3.since you started producing how many artists have you worked with, any top artist you have you have worked with?
__ Zj Addikt: I have worked with a lot of artists most of them from Kirinyaga, top artists I would say Vivian Kenya and Onesih the kirinyaga kid.
4. In your own words how do you describe your musical journey since you started upto date?
__ Zj Addikt: Its been trial and error,,, starting out I didn't have a lot of support/mentors but through perseverance,dedication and hard work I have managed to carve a niche out for myself
5.playing a major role in the music industry what is your take on #playkenyanmusic?
__ Zj Addikt: PLAY PLAY PLAY Kenyan music, I don't understand why its even a debate we need to support our own, and to our artists, perfect your craft to the standards of the current industry, give Kenyans something worth supporting
6. What inspires you to make music a successful business in your life?
__ Zj Addikt: Because am passionate about what I do and in most cases I don't consider it a job, but I also try to stay grounded and avoid mixing business with pleasure.
7. Do you have any embarrassing moment related to your musical journey?
__Zj Addikt: No I consider them stepping stones, like I said for me it's been trial and error to get where I am
8. What has been the most important moments in your life as a producer?
___ Zj Addikt: My biggest and most important moment was when I realised that my hometown/county looks up to me to represent them on the Kenyan musical scene... To get people to believe in you that much is just amazing.
9. How would you love to describe your fashion?
__Zj Addikt: Typical young Kenyan music producer 🤣,, yu never know what I might step out rocking .
10. Give words of wisdom to those aspiring to become music producers?
___Zj Addikt: Work work work nobody is going to give you handouts,,, success doesn't come overnight and if does it doesn't last long... Zj Addikt Beatz, the beast of the beats...
your social media handles
__ Zj Addikt: Facebook : kelvin Mwenda or Zj Addikt Instagram :zj_addikt twitter :@zj_addikt.

No comments:

Post a Comment