Sunday 7 April 2019

Meet - Christina Mabvuto an aspiring Malawian model focused on making a debut on major platforms



Discover simmering talent from the heart of Lilongwe, Malawi. Ms Mabvuto is passionate about modeling and photography as aspires to make a debut on major African and global 
platforms.
Check out our brief interview with Ms Mabvuto below;
1.Hey, how would you like to introduce yourself?
1. I would like to introduce myself as Christina Mabvuto, an aspiring Malawian model who specializes in runway and photography.
 2. When did you discover your passion for modeling?
2. I’ve had a passion for modeling since I was very young but only tried to model in 2017 were I was offered a place as one of the runway models in the 2017 African Fashion Festival and I’ve been modeling nonstop since then.

 3. Whom do you look up to for inspiration locally & internationally in the modeling & fashion industry?
3. Locally I look up to a fellow model and musician named Tuno, she has an amazing walk and a great personality.  International I look up to models like Tyra Banks, Naomi, Gigi and Bella Hadid, AdutAkech just to name a few.

4. Who are some of the creatives or photographers you have worked with so far? 
4. I have worked with quite a few Malawian photographers such as RazMirambo from Summer Zone Pictures, Black Noise Photography, Vibe Tribe Malawi, David Page, Sihlangisa Malawi and Crystal line photography.                             
5. In some parts of Africa modeling is considered as just a mere hobby and not a
profession, how has it been for you in Malawi?
5.I guess Malawi is similar to other African countries in that modeling isn’t viewed as a profession. However I hope that as time passes and more designers and photographers enter the industry that modeling will be taken a little more seriously.


6. Which reputable brands do you aspire to work with locally &
internationally?   
6.Locally I love working with my favorite clothing brand called Scorpii_clothing because they make clothes of high quality. International I would love to work with brands like Forever 21, H and M, Gucci and Tommy HILFIGER.
7. What challenges have you encountered so far in modeling?
7.My biggest challenge so far has been trying to find a balance between school and modeling. I am a second year student at the University of Polytechnic Malawi and sometimes it gets pretty crazy trying to manage all my school work and make it to all the runway shows. Sometimes I even have to turn down certain opportunities because of assignments and tests. But were there’s a will there’s a way and I try my absolute best to model as much as possible.
                   
8. What do you reckon can be done to improve the modeling industry in Malawi?
8.I think one way to really improve the modeling industry in Malawi would be to establish high end modeling agencies to help guide models in the right direction, teach them how to walk and pose, because it’s really hard being a freelance model in the beginning when you don’t really know anyone.

 9. What do you aspire to achieve in the next 2 years in the
modeling industry?   
9.Within the next two years I would love to work with designers and photographers from other countries outside both Malawi and the African continent and maybe to also do a few commercials.     
10. What are your other interests apart from modeling?   
10.I love reading novels, watching horror movies, overcoming my fears and learnings new things. I’m also really interested in makeup and accounting.      
11. How can you be reached on social media?
11.You can reach me on Instagram @christinamabvuto  ; on Twitter @christinamabvuto and on Facebook @christina mabvuto.

No comments:

Post a Comment