Friday 12 October 2018

Miss Othaya, Gabriella Njoroge strides in confidence in pursuit of her dream in fashion & modeling


1. Hey would you like to introduce yourself?
1. My name is Gabriella Mumbi Njoroge, I’m 23yrs currently Miss Othaya. I come from Embu but half embian from Nyeri County.
 I’m currently taking my fashion classes. I have participated in many pageants and some won and some gave me a challenge to do better, Eg Miss orient queen. Miss tourism Nyeri, Miss star, I also became runners up Miss face of Embu have done some high fashion too. I also judge pageants
event Eg Miss Dagoreti, talent shows in schools and also charity events in collaboration with the Affable family we love and care for
this kids and show them love.

2. How long have you been modeling?
 2: Have done modeling for almost 3yrs now. There quite some challenges
but with believing and never giving up I always manage to do my best.

3. Do you consider yourself more of a commercial model or runway model?
3. I consider myself both coz I have what it takes. I believe myself and I do both.


4. Have you gotten support from friends and colleagues?
 4: Talking about friends, yeah a lot but also have met  some who’ll just pretend to be and some real good friends and colleagues at pumzi africa, Joyworth fashion and others that have supported me.

5. What are some of the challenges you have come across so far?
5:  For challenges will plainly say, corruption in this industry
especially when it comes to pageants. You find more models don't have
the heart to just waste their resources and money to do it again.
Just like a pageant I went the winner had paid also 1st runners up so
that's gives us challenge you find maybe you telling you not the best
but you were

 6. Which fashion brands do you aspire to work with in future?
6:King Kaka models one time I got a call am needed at their offices but I freaked out and didn't make it to go but the right time will come in coming time
will be just like my role model Lupita Nyongo she inspires me a lot  from her
courage and strength. I love that woman. Also would love to work for
Nivea, Safaricom, Nice & lovely, be the face of a product have tried
some but didn’t get yet but am persistent and I believe I will always go for what I want


7. Are you signed under any fashion house?
7:Currently am not, I started on my own as a freelance model up to now maybe when I get the right fashion house I will join.. Maybe aftermath or any other. In future will open up my fashion house. Also be in anticipation for
one of the project am working on.

8. What do you think should be done to better the Kenyan fashion & modeling industry?
8; We should give Kenya models the opportunity to show their talent on
more  platforms where it will help them to pursue their dreams.. Also when
it comes to pageant or high fashion there shouldn’t be bias
about color height size we  are all equal and if they stop this criticism
sure the Kenya fashion industry will go far and be much better

9. What are your other interests apart from modeling?
9:My interest are doing charity events, that’s where my most of my money
and time goes, am a full time models also training and judging event,
I love swimming part time am into photography now.. Recently was
working with one photographer called Erick check him on instagram as @electricsnapshots

10. How can you be reached on social media?
10:on Facebook Gabriella Njoroge @ig gabriella_njoroge
Twitter @Gabriella njoroge.. Like my fb page @Miss Othaya.. You can
also email me for booking or any jobs 
gabriellanjoroge2@gmail.com.
                   


2 comments: