Thursday 29 March 2018

Shinning bright like a gem; meet talented songstress from Zimbabwe- Sherry Mudaz, a.k.a Diamond!


1.Hi Sherry, how would u like to introduce yourself? 


Hi there. I am a Neo/ Soul /Afro pop musician. I sing and unfortunately can not play any instrumental but I have been eager to learn the guitar. 


2. When did you get into music? 

I have always been involved in music from primary level, at church, I have always sang everyday for as long as I can remember and I  professionally started last year.


3. What inspired your passion for music? 


I didn't want to hold on to potential so I decided to share my gift.
I wanted my gift  to be watered and nurtured to the full max , to pour out my heart and be able to have other individuals relating to my experiences. 
To explore the different sounds music has which is beyond beautiful if you ask me.


4. Are you working  on an album currently? 


Yes, I am already working on an 11 track  album that will be out by end of this year or early next year.
I released a 3 track Ep on January 15TH this year (2018) which is available on my Audiomack and Youtube Channel. 

So am really excited about the Album because fans ask me for new music daily.



5. Which African artist do u aspire to collaborate with in future? 


It is unfortunate African artists I grew up looking up to have left the face of the earth.

I would love to collaborate with Sarkodie, Nameless, Jah Prayzah, Mr Eazi  just to name a few .The list is quite long and I keep exploring more artists because there is major talent out there .


6. Who are your biggest influences in music?


I grew up listening to a lot of artists from different genres but Jazz stole my heart. My biggest influences in music would be Etta James, Chiwoniso Maraire & Tina Turner. I loved how these women were fearless and bold with their voices from a young age it intriged me to aspire to just be that and more with my gift. I aspire to story tell just like how they did.

Lol I can sing word to word to any one of their songs and I sometimes lip sync dancing like the great Tina Turner.


7. What  are some of your greatest challenges so far? 

So far getting minimum airplay from  local radio stations.  But I appreciate the ones playing me since I released my work and online podcasts have been very supportive.


8. How can fans and agents connect with u on social media? 


Don't be shy you can contact me on any of the following  

Contact on +263779753204 
Email sherrymudaz19@gmail.com
Twitter @smudawarima 
Facebook @DiamondZW 
IG @sherrymudaz
Snapchat @sherrymudaz19


9. Where do you see your self in the next years in the industry? 


I see myself having opened room for other artists who are just  as eager as I am for music .
To have bloomed enough that I can help nurture someone elses gift.


10. What's your parting shot and advice to upcoming artists? 
Stay true to yourself always
Diarise why you are starting on this journey so it can guide you and ground you when you might be discouraged. 
Become your own art , Its okay to be different .
Lastly. Be patient careers take off!

No comments:

Post a Comment