Thursday 22 March 2018

If she can dream it, she can have it! Meet Waithera Gitau, a budding Kenyan model & fashion designer!


1.Hello, how would you like introduce yourself?
1. Am Waithera Gitau, a model, upcoming designer and my own stylist looking to expand my style.

2. As a budding fashion designer  and model, how long have you been designing?
2. I have been designing for as long as I can remember. But I got to showcase  my designs currently when we had a fashion gala. The models really loved the designs. "we looked so good" i quote, is what they said after I posted their pictures on social media. 

3. What motivated you to get into fashion design & modeling?
3. Am in love with fashion. I also love dressing up.

4. Do you consider yourself as a runway model, commercial model or more of a freelancer?
4. Currently am a freelancer, but I have plans on becoming a commercial model.

5. Which brands and popular do firms you aspire to work with in the fashion industry in future?
5. I admire Ajuma. I would really want to work with her. Also Wambui mukenyi. This kenyan women have really done it. 

6. What has been your biggest challenge so far?
6. My height is my biggest challenge. I am a 5'7 and most firms need from a 5'9.

7. Where do you aspire to be in the next 2years in the industry?
7. I should have my own clothe line by then.
8. Do you reckon there are enough opportunities for new entrants in the fashion industry in Kenya?
8. Opportunities are there. You just need to know where to source them.


9. What are your other interests and hobbies apart from fashion design & modeling?
9. Am not sure I have any hobbies, but apart from modeling i enjoy giving back to the community. 

10. How can you be reached on social media?
 10.  You can reach me on Instagram - @Waitheragitau
Facebook -
Gitau Waithera

11. What's your life mantra or slogan that keeps you going & motivated?
11. Always work hard and remember to have good intentions.


9 comments: