Wednesday 21 March 2018

Collins Kigen a.k.a DJ I-king share his vibe on his chosen path to entertain.


Collins Kigen is an upcoming underground dj hailing from the Riftvalley (KERICHO and loves going by the stage name Dj i-king . His deep love for dj-ing has always been a deep passion since he was a young kid discovering music in school . He is determined to be the best and draws his inspiration from other industry greats like Kenyan amazing deejays and others outside the country, notably; Dj Bash, Dj joe mfalme among others. Check out our interview with the rising star below;
1. Hi, kindly introduce yourself?
1. My names are Collins Kigen, by I go by my Dj iking 

2. How long have you been deejaying?
2. It's been 4 years of dj-ing experience.

3. What's your most favorite  genre of music?
3. I like every Genre of music, but I love Trance, house music, Afro beats, Bongo etc

4. What are your other interests and hobbies apart from music?
4. I always believe i was good at playing soccer , not until I switched to doing.

5. What's your biggest challenge so far in the field?
5. Honesty I always believe I can be good if I get the resources needed and support.. but am the second kid on a family of three.. my mum passed away 2007, and been trying hard to live life and be happy together with my sister... so I think me show casing my talent has been hard coz of my past and the situation that came into our lives... so financially I wish I had a little to make me work hard.


6. Where do you aspire to be in your deejaying career in 3 years?
6. I aspire to be anywhere in the world as long as I work hard on it and put God first.

7. Do you think there are enough opportunities for the many upcoming deejays in the Kenyan industry?
7. There are enough opportunities.. it's just a matter of hard work, determination and believing in God for more skills.

8. How can u be reached on social media?
8. You can reach me on my facebook @Collins Kigen or my instagram handle @yo_boy_kigen 

9. What's your parting short or advice to others in the same industry?

9. All I can advice my upcoming dj's like me is, hardwork, determination and believe will surely pay.. "WE WERE ALL BORN FOR GREATNESS" it's just us to make it worth living for

No comments:

Post a Comment