Thursday 25 August 2022

MEET MONICA KIBUGI A FASHION ENTHUSIAST, MODEL AND ASPIRING DESIGNER

 The outspoken and articulate fashion and music enthusiast, Monica Kibugi has her eyes set on new heights in pursuit of her passion in fashion and music. We had the opportunity for a brief interview with her. Check it out below;

1.Hey how would you like to introduce yourself? 
 
1: I am Kibugi Monica a fashion and style enthusiast,aspiring air hostess and a model.

 
 
2. Who are some of the people that inspire you?
2: I am always inspired by my parents who always stand by my side in every step I make plus they love the fashion in me.  When speaking matters fashion, sincerely I always get inspired by Patricia Mbela and Avril Kenya.
 
3. What's your opinion of the fashion industry in Kenya?
 3: I think fashion industry have had so many highs and lows, you might be signed to work with a brand but they aren't so much cooperating, But in any case you have the right brand, you can always aim higher to build yourself too. Secondly, the fashion industry in Kenya, has been very unpredictable since people don't look so much into it unlike the music industry. 

 
I think designers and fashion brands need to keep customer satisfaction and needs at the forefront of their business. In my opinion, I do think that online shopping will become a big part of the income plan for fashion brands and also hope that in time we will be able to experience both in equal measure and not have to give up the special bond created between ourselves and our clients. So in general, as fashion industry we need to do something to step the game up.
 
4. Which brands would you like to work with?
 To begin with Kenya, I would love to work with Sauve Kenya since it creates all that entails fashions, that include denim and even kitenge. I also hope to work with DENRI as my second option for they have everything about bags with is also another fashion tool that I growing too fast more so to the youths, But worldwide, I would wish to work with Nike for they always have legit product for both male and female and also have everything for hat to shoes, so working with them can help in consistency and full attire for recognition.

 
 
5. What motivates you?
 5. What motivates me mostly is about the demand for fashions as it continues to rise day by day especially to the increasing number of celebrities in the world. Motivation is also based on personal goals and monetary incentives from specific brands.

 
 
6. What are your other interests apart from fashion?
6. Apart from fashion, I hope to join music industry at some point as it is the fast rising industry here so definitely Music.
 
7. How can you be reached on social media?
7: IG@shazzmonq and on tiktok as well @kelly kibugi
 

2 comments: