Monday 27 June 2022

MEET LUCY MAINA THE KENYAN FITNESS MODEL ADVOCATING FOR FITNESS & BETTER MENTAL HEALTH AMONG KENYAN YOUTH

 

The Kenyan fitness model, Lucy Maina grew up with a great interest in modeling.  Being a medical Laboratory Science student at Murang'a University of Technology, she got to embrace mental health by keeping fit after facing a lot of pressure with lessons, physical exercise helped her find a balance. Lucy made a decision to pursue a path as a fitness and fashion model and  also offering fitness tips among students in school. 


In our conversation with the talented and self-determined she shared her journey, that gives a glimpse into the life of the fitness model, Lucy from Nakuru county.

After completing my form four, I embraced fitness as it was my desire to be fit, with a toned body. Joining campus opened a door for me to engage in the modeling industry since being fit gave me a toned body to fit in any outfit, and catwalk on the runway with confidence. 


I participated in Miss Flex Murang'a University of Technology and crowned as the winner in 2021. Since then, I've been able to influence other ladies to eat healthy, keep fit and love themselves. 

Besides being Miss Flex MUT, Miss Glamor Nakuru 2021 has opened doors of opportunities in the modeling industry as I have worked with many great faces like Miss Universal Kenya Nakuru, Hadassah my coach. I'm also working with Crown with Care Foundation, an organization that has directed me in the path of giving back to the society and fixing other people's crowns. 

Dancing, poetry, singing and podcasting are other talents that I possess. 

My biggest dream in the modeling industry is to be a fitness coach to other models, an international catwalk coach and a fashion enthusiast. 


I'd also like to work with sports brands like NIKE and Adidas in promoting their sporting products and services.  

To all upcoming models, I'll give them one slogan that has pushed me forward in this industry. 

"Confidence and well-being go hand in hand". 

Finally, I'd like to inspire all women in Kenya and worldwide to keep fit and be confident.

To find out more and follow her journey to empowering the youth through modeling and fitness, follow Lucy on her social media platforms 

Instagram :@_lucyfrica 

Tiktok :@lucyfrica

3 comments: