Friday 5 October 2018

Deejay Spotlight; Meet Deejay Sick, a Kenyan deejay focused on bringing an entertainment revolution in East Africa


1. Hey, how would you like to introduce yourself?
1. I am deejay sick, the doctor
2. What inspired your passion for deejaying?
2. Music is the food to the soul and I love seeing people happy. So I
had to be a deejay to give people the medication to the soul.

3. How long have you been deejaying professionally?           
3. This is my 3rd year
4. What has been your biggest highlight so far?             
4. Getting solid gigs consistently  is a highlight for me though we have deejay that they are making our market look bad by being cheap
5. Do you reckon that deejays have the power in any way to influence the kind of
music artists produce, release and market?           
5. Yes we do have the power. Trust me, if an artist has a good song
every deejay will play it doesn't matter if you are a superstar.
6. What are some of the challenges you have faced as a deejay?                                          
6. I’d say kutokwa pesa na ma manager wa club na kushikwa na makarao nikitoka job.

7. Whom do you look up to for inspiration in your deejaying career? 
7. Dj flash. Dj creme.       
8. Do you work under any entertainment label or individually? 
8. I work with solid entertainment
               
9. What's your most preferred genre of music?           
9. Like I mentioned earlier to you, I perceive music as the food to the soul. I listen to all genre of music.                
10. Do you reckon the Kenyan entertainment industry has reached its potential yet  and what can be
done?       
10. We are getting their but the artist, deejays, promoters and fans need to up lift each other.
                 
11. What’s your advice to younger aspiring deejays eager to get into this line of work?
11.Trust in God and work hard. Your time is coming.

12. What kind of crowd do you prefer playing for at your ideal events?
12. I can play to any type of crowd. Am the doctor I don't choose my patients.


13. What are your other interests and hobbies apart from deejaying?   
13. I watch movies and travel a lot. Spend time with family.                 
14. How can you be reached on social media
14.IG/twitter (djsick254) Facebook page (deejaysick254)

No comments:

Post a Comment