Saturday 1 September 2018

Kenyan model Njambi Wangui a.k.a Meerimaite shares on embracing the opportunities & challenges in modeling

Meet talented Kenyan model focused on her pursuit of sucess.

1. Hello, how would you like to describe yourself?       
1.Hey, I am Njambi Wangui, 21years old Kenyan commercial model, student at
Nibs technical college pursuing journalism and mass communication.
2. When did your discover the passion for modeling?
2. I discovered my potential for modeling through my friends at first  and my growing interest in photography in 2016 when I was sort of addicted to photography
back at Karatina town with a friend photographer known as Juma and eventually I decided I
would try out modeling  and so when I joined college last year I got engaged with this organization known as Talent Centre Africa which complied all talents, they nurtured me a little bit on my walking and so on, then later I joined house of legacy who have been of good help in commercial modeling








3. How has the experience in modeling been so far for you?   
3:I can't complain  for choosing this path in modeling if I  may call it so, I have engaged
 myself with a lot of good things and through networking I’ve  met
several models who have been aspiration to me, am able to overcome
the challenges models face through working with fellow models


4. Where do you aspire to be in the next 3 years career wise?
4:My dying to make my project beauty with purpose a success, it deals
going down the streets feeding the children out there, it started when
was back in college but due to financial problems I laid it aside but
am working hard to arise it again.
5. Have you gotten any support from friends and colleagues?   
5:Yeah I have gotten a lot of support from my friends and colleagues,, am
not going to let them down anytime soon especially my best friend Mary
Wambui who have always stood with from the beginning, the House of
legacy team much love & respect to you all.




6. What challenges have you encountered?
6:I remember like yesterday when I got this poster contesting for Miss
Fadan, little did I know it was a scam, as models we encounter different scams not knowing the legit shows to contest,, another challenge is lack of payment  and cons in the industry, I remember  once I did a Show case but we were never
paid for that show, it was so unfair since the management were paid by the designers but found it hard to pay models in return.


7. Which brands do you wish to work with in future?
7: Wow! never saw this question coming , I would love to work with Nivea, can't wait to feature on billboards , through any brand that would sign me I wouldn't mind, be it Blue band, Royco, Airtel among others



 8. What changes & developments would you like to see in the modeling
industry in Kenya?
 8. I think the government of Kenya should intervene to ensure better remuneration
 and industry mprovement for  modeling as a career also, like any other career, the industry
should always pay models accordingly, be it shoots & features with the models or showcasing  
and any task done by the models  and so on.   
    
9. What are your other interests and hobbies?      
9:Apart from modeling I love acting  that's another thing I aspire to pursue in life.

10. How can you reached on social media?
10: I am on Instagram @model_meerimaite
Fb:Meeri njambiTwitter :Meerimaite njambi.                             




No comments:

Post a Comment