Sunday 26 August 2018

Meet Ms Miriam Wanjiru;Model of the week with her sight set high to represent both locally & internationally.


1. Hello, how would you like to introduce yourself?                   
1. My name is Miriam Wanjiru the next model to represent Kenya internationally with God's help. 

2. Has modeling always been a passion for you & what inspired you to get started?
 2. At first it didn't it all started in primary I was the tallest girl in my class since
 I can remember and it was always an insecurity but a blessing in disguise one day my
elder sister's friend came up to me and said "hello who's this model?
" I smiled not knowing what he meant but it just felt right so I looked it up and got myself hooked to America's next top model and here I am.

 3. Seemingly everyone is now an Instagram model, any lady or gent
with following & a wardrobe to flaunt, what do you think sets apart a
real model from these other Instagram models?                   
3.What separates a professional from perhaps an Instagram model is taking that
 further step going for training on catwalk how to pose for pictures how to conduct yourself
professionally in front of a crowd of people when hired for work putting the energy and
 effort is all that matters.
 
4. Who are some of your influences & icons in the modeling & fashion
industry?                                   
4. First of all Kenya's top model Ajuma Nasenyana she has worked world renown designers
locally and internationally like, Mille Colines and Couture Africa magazine in the fashion industry I love Ann McCreath of Kiko Romeo she  is very creative and ingenious with her work she is
just wonderful.

 5. What challenges have you come across so far?        
5. There are so many challenges you have to find an agency a good and reliable one to avoid
 exploitation and they help you in getting jobs but getting them is also hard you have to look at the prominent ones or do your research them thoroughly 


6. Do you reckon, the potential in the Kenyan fashion & modeling industry has been
realised so far?                                         
6. The fashion industry is a growing one there are very talented and creative designers
but we all need a platform and support from one another we can always get better because
we aren't at our highest yet and it can always get much better from here.
7. What changes would you like to see in the industry in the near future?
7. Changes I would like to see are more fashion events which will create more jobs for both models
 and the designers we have a lot of talent we just need to let everyone see it

 8. Which popular Kenyan & international brands do you aspire to
work with in future?       
8. I would like to work with Kidosho ,Fashion agenda Africa
Akinyi Odongo Kenya and ASOS   internationally I would definitely want
to work with Tom Ford and Alexander .

9. What are your other interests apart from fashion & modeling?
9. Besides modeling I love sports I'm a very active person I play basketball lawn tennis and
volleyball it also helps me keep fit.
  
10. How can you be reached on social media?
10.You can find me on Instagram as: Bantu.culture  and through mail for queries & shoot bookings.

Credits: House of Legacy
Photography: Veejay studios (Kitamu House, Tubman rd,Nairobi )
                                    
 

19 comments:

  1. Miriam just know we are here to support you all the way ❤πŸ”₯

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miriam just know we are here to support you all the way ❤πŸ”₯

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miriam just know we are here to support you all the way ❤πŸ”₯

    ReplyDelete
  4. Home girl do your thing i. Like

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww...lots of love oyr champ😍😘

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miriam you go girl .. Am so proud of you sweety... Do you... You special

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good and I wish you the best twinie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mob love Sfl 😘😘
    You can make it

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe you
    I got you
    All the way.
    ������

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow congrats Girl😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go girl. You fire πŸ”₯♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Go girl. You fire πŸ”₯♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome you going far mummie I believe in you❤️

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooe beby beby usitusahau congrats to u�� iko luv #support grantee

    ReplyDelete
  15. And i go by saying to you.... little siz i got your back just like a turtle shell MOB LOVEπŸ–€

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Miriam ,coming this far is a great achievement ,your destined for greatness ,you have my support all the way

    ReplyDelete
  17. Go do your thing fine girl I support you fully

    ReplyDelete