Friday 17 August 2018

Miss Lilian Gatwiri , currently Miss Environment Mombasa County strides on boldly on her pursuit for excellence in modeling on the vibrant African fashion scene


Crowned Miss environment Mombasa county 2016/17, the enchantress beauty Miss Lilian Gatwiri is still on a quest to impact the modeling and fashion space positively as she strides on boldly in her pursuit of hapiness and excellence. She shares her views on this recent exclusive interview:
1.Hey Lilian, how would you like to introduce yourself? 
1.My name is Lilian Gatwiri a procurement and supply chain management graduate who
loves adventures, modelling, watching movies and socializing . I dislike hypocrisy and pretenders. My inspiration in life is God and my goals.




2. How long have you been modeling? 
2. It has been 4yrs since I got into this.    
 
3. What sparkled your interest to get into modeling? 
3.It started when I was a kid. We used to watch KBC the only channel that was aired back then,
 and they used to air the fashion show runway on Saturdays. After watching for some time I told my grandparents and one of his friends I can do like those ladies.  I wore my best dress and heels that my parents had bought me for Christmas.  I started cat walking the way the ladies on TV had been doing.  After I finished they cheered me up and told me you will be one day our miss Kenya and we shall see you on the TV like them.  Since then I can say I realized my inborn talent thus the
interest to be a model.

4. Who are your greatest influences in the modeling & fashion industry locally & internationally?
4. Locally I will say Cecilia mwangi and Ajuma  nasenyama who has represented
Kenya internationally. And internationally Naomi Campbell inspires me

5.Which beauty pageants have you participated in so far?
5. Miss environment Kenya where I was crowned miss environment Mombasa
county 016/17, miss tukutane Mombasa, miss St Paul's university and miss Bethany kids.

 6. What opportunities and challenges have you come across so far?         
6. Have come through a lot of opportunities I.e working with the county government of Mombasa,  Africa youth trust Ndo,  manyatta youth entertainment CBO in Mombasa who nurtured
 me to be great in my work etc.  on the other side, there are numerous challenges when it comes to modeling low pay, sometimes they fail to pay you, unfair competition where bribes takes place.

7. Do you reckon there are enough opportunities for new entrants in the modeling
industry in Kenya.?
7. Yes they are, if utilized to the maximum.


8. What should be done to foster growth in the modeling, beauty & fashion industry in Kenya?
8. Establishment of more genuine agencies, more involvement of government and private sector and more appreciation and support from general public for modeling industry to grow

9.What popular brands would you aspire to work with in future?
9. Nivea, safaricom,  Coca-Cola, Vogue magazine, channel etc

10. What are your other interests apart from modeling?                 
10. I love speed.  Race cars and speed bikes are  my thing. Any day any time speed will
do for me. I love venturing into new things and taking risks.  I love fashion and soon am
launching my own fashion brand.
11. How can you be reached on social media?    
11. Instagram @_gatwiri_ , Facebook @ Lilyan Gatwiri
        Twitter @ Lilian gatwiri & Snapchat @lilyan gatwiri.   

       


2 comments:

  1. The most Amazing Soul i have ever met. You will go places Lyciouz :) In the near future, i see you as a Miss World :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great being and ambitious lady with a bright future. I am honored to be part of your journey. At Manyatta Youth Entertainment Cbo, we are ever proud of you.

    ReplyDelete