Tuesday 20 June 2017

Artist Discovery[Pumzi Underscore] Meet Gideonaire!

Artist Discovery[Pumzi Underscore] ®:
INTERVIEW WITH Gideonaire, a Kenyan Hiphop ArtistQ.How would you like to introduce yourself?
A: I am Gideonaire, a Kenyan Artist who is doing Hip Hop and an active actor.

Q.  Could your perhaps describe the genre of your music?
A: I do Hip Hop music.

Q.  When did you start music?
A: I started music in the year 2009, while in High School. That's when I did my first song.

Q. What inspires your music?
A: The environment around me is what inspires my music. 

Q. Who are your idols in music?
A:  Unfortunately, I don't have any music idol. I prefer to idolize a song from an artist rather than the Artist him/herself.

Q. Any current or future collabo you’re working on?
A: Many collabos are coming. Currently I am working on a collabo with a Tanzanian artist that I won't mention right now. There's also another collabo on "Syphon Cypher 3" with an SA artist. I'm planning to drop countless of collabos in Kenya too. I pray that all goes well.

Q. Are you signed to any labels?
A:  I am an independent Artist, not signed.

Q.What else do u do in your free time apart from music?
A:  I do acting. That's what I am studying. I also do my hustle in the streets of Nairobi, I supply Clean Water. I have been doing transportation business in Western Province too.  

Q.What can fans expect from you before the year comes to a close?
A: Fans should expect much things. The collabos will be dropping this year. I am also working on something myself. So it's gonna be lit.

Q. Where do u aspire to be musically in the nxt 3years?
A:  In the next 3 years  I want to be in that position where I can guide/help someone who got talent to know the importance of talent. More so, to get my music across the borders and the ocean.

11.What are some of the challenges you have faced in the industry?
A: There are many challenges in the industry. One is financial problem. I need to hustle for cash to pay bills, help my family and pay my studio session. Two, there's less time for me with the media. I hope you feel me here. Three, I lack the right person to help me push my music. Four, there's that fear of "my idea will be snatched" so you hide it till the time you will make it.

Q.Where can we find your music?
A: You can find my music on YouTube (Gideonaire Musiq), on mdundo (Gideonaire), and in Soundcloud (Gideonaire)
 
Q. How can fans connect with u on social media?
A: Fans can connect with me via FB- Gideonaire Musiq 
IG- gideonaire254 and 
Twitter- @gideonaie or through my email gideonaire254@gmail.com

Q. Parting shot or inspiration to fellow rising artists?
A: You were born a champion, so win. Don't let that one fail counterfeit all your strength. Keep going.



No comments:

Post a Comment